Voice: (323) 938-3000 x330
Fax: (323) 937-9139
Email Pamela Chandran
Pamela is a shareholder at Gilbert & Sackman and joined the firm in 2016. Prior to working at the Firm, she spent several years in-house representing registered nurses in the private sector. She represents unions and workers, appears frequently before the National Labor Relations Boards and in arbitration, and has extensive experience in collective bargaining. She frequently speaks at labor-related conferences, and is the union-side editor of Chapter 12 of Developing Labor Law: Recognition and Withdrawal of Recognition Without an Election. Before law school, she worked for several years for unions representing health care workers.
- UCLA School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles (M.A., Critical Studies in Cinema, 1994)
- Dartmouth College (B.A., 1991)
- State Bar of California and its Labor and Employment Law Section
- American Bar Association and its Labor and Employment Law Section
- AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee
- 2017 American Bar Association (“ABA”) Labor & Employment Developing Labor Law Midwinter Conference: Union-side speaker, “Attorney Misconduct on Social Media: Recognizing the Danger and Avoiding the Pitfalls” February 2017
- 2016 ABA Labor & Employment Section Conference: Union-side moderator, “Meet the NLRB Regional Directors”. November 2016
- ABA Labor & Employment Webinar, Union-side Speaker, “Joint Employer Liability: How many Employees does each Employer have?” April 21, 2016
- 2016 ABA Labor & Employment Developing Labor Law Midwinter Conference: Union-side speaker, “DPI Secuprint: What is the Smallest Appropriate Unit for Recognition Purposes” March 2016
- 2015 ABA Labor & Employment Section Conference: Moderator, “Religious Discrimination and Accommodations after the U.S. Supreme Court’s Ruling in EEOC v. Abercrombie & Fitch”. November 2015
- 2013 ABA Labor & Employment Railway Labor Act Midwinter Conference: Union-side speaker, “Successorship Under the RLA” March 2013
- Co-chapter editor of Chapter 12, Recognition and Withdrawal of Recognition Without an Election, Developing Labor Law, 2016 supplement, 2017 Seventh Edition.
- Chapter editor of Chapter 23, Hot Cargo, Developing Labor Law, since the Sixth Edition.